Friday, November 25, 2016

Furball sorting game with toddler ( 2 year old )


I recently bought some furry balls from tao bao ezbuy. It was a pack of mixed colour of furry balls of different sizes.

My intention of these balls were to use them as crafts for the upcoming Christmas on Christmas cards(?) undecided!!!





So since it was sitting in my storeroom for a short while, I thought of this game that I could play with K (2yo).

I took out a few Ikea bowls of various colours and asked her sort them accordingly by colour and asked her to name the colours.

This activity can probably last about 10-20mins depending on your tods concentration  or easily they get bored over the same repetitions.










































When the sorting activity was over, she was tasked to create some christmas cards for her school teachers.

First some double sided dots were placed in the shape of a christmas tree, next, using the furballs that she has sorted, she would have to fill the christmas tree with as much furballs as possible.


This is the final product!



These glue dots doesn't hold the furballs well! A regular glue didn't work very well either.
I would suggest if you are doing this activity to use a glue gun instead of glue dots.




No comments:

Post a Comment