Thursday, February 28, 2013

The dos and don't when doing cubeecrafts

In this article, I'm using Pucca that I made as an example.

Paper

Standard printer paper should be fine. But if you prefer your figurines to be sturdy buy A4 cardstock that are about 200gsm. I got mine from Evergreen bookstore at S$7.30 for 35 sheets and the brand called A'Zone. I find that the figurines were more solid compared to when I first started out with photo paper or standard printer paper. 

Caution

Be careful when you do such crafts as some of the equipments you use can be quite sharp.
This was what happened to me =( 




Cutting

I usually use this device to cut off the whites out the outermost areas of the A4 paper.

Next, I will use a scissors to cut between the shapes.

I will then use a ruler and a penknife to cut the rest of the edges to give it a smooth finish.
You can also use a scissor if you want to. However, a penknife is still required to cut the slots.

Once you are done. the pieces should look like this.

.
Scoring

Score your pieces if you are using cardstock for cleaner folds.
I've tried folding them by hand and they just didn't turn out very well ( it can look lopsided at times).

Fitting the pieces

Create the figurines from bottom up in this order:

  1. legs
  2. hands
  3. body
  4. head
  5. any other additional attachments

As there may be times that you might not be able to fit the attachments (i.e. legs and hands) on the body etc. So it is recommended to fit them into the slots first before folding them up.

A professional craftsman might tell you that glue is not needed for this trade. BUT if you are not there yet, try using some micro glue dots. These are the ones that I use for mine. I'm no pro you see~ =p

I find that using these keeps the figurine in place and the attachments or slots doesn't fall out.


Hope you love my explanations! If you have any questions on the making of cubeecrafts. 
Please leave me a comment below. 

Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment