Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Groupon Dim Sum Class

I recently signed up for a Dim Sum Hands-On Baking Class at Oriton School with Groupon.


In this class, they thought us how to make Portuguese Egg Tarts, Liu Sa Bao and Polo Bun.

Portuguese Egg Tarts

The skin was made with dough and saturated margarine, rolled out and layered to create the crusty and flaky texture.

Liu Sa Bao
My Liu Sa Bao was quite a failure =(
When I rolled out the dough, I should have considered that the "closing up of the bun" required layers and layers of dough stuck together. It resulted in the filling seeping through the bun.

Polo Bun
As for the Polo Bun, I think I rolled the dough too many times. It was so hard!

Overall, I had great fun!
You can say that I was busy doing the dim sum that I forgot to take step by step photos!
Maybe that was just an excuse ~ haha~ it's just that my hand had too much flour and it was oily!

I found another blogger that went for the same course as me but with a different instructor. 
Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment