Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How to murder a Minion

Recently, I and my hubby celebrated our first year Wedding Anniversary.

I ordered from my friend, Janelle, founder of Jnelle and Jacquesa cake. 

I showed her a sample of the cake I wanted, an absolutely adorable minion cake!


I very much left it to her creativity to figure out how the cake will be done. 

and this is the outcome!!



My hubby had guessed that it is a 3D couple.. probably those you see on the wedding cakes...

unboxing in progress
Imagine his surprise when he opened the box!! He absolutely LOVES Minions~!!


Revealing the minion hair...


Minion with a nose?!?!


Murdering of the minion



If you asked me, the minion looks pretty dead by now.... hahaha~
My hubby has already dug the nose part out.... oMmmNommonomm~~~


Brain surgery of the little minion


A piece of the brain
Murder complete

Throughout the process, it was honestly, quite heart aching to dissect the minion. =(

The cake was delicious!! The cake was layered and coated with chocolate ganache and covered with fondant. There were chunks of orange chocolate in the cake which is comparable in texture to eating Ben and Jerry's Phish food. 

Very refreshing ~

BUT, I somehow regretted choosing chocolate cake as the innards. Should have chosen red velvet cake to give it some life! That said, maybe minions has chocolate brown blood. 

Shrugs~ =p

My other friend, Charlene, also suggested that if it was a chocolate lava cake, it would be more life-like! 
What a great idea! wahahahha~

As a whole, though there were some flaws on the minion (i.e. the nose, the suspender's position), me and my hubby had a great time enjoying, admiring and discussing on the dissection and how the cake should have been made for more "life" even few days after the celebrations.

If you would like to have your own customised cake done, you may contact 
Janelle from Jnelle and Jacques

Cheerios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment