Tuesday, March 5, 2013

See and Be Seen 2013

I recently joined an event called Seen and Be Seen 2013. It is an event to raise awareness of the importance of visibility and safety for cyclist at night. 

I and my hubby signed up for the 84 km cycle in hopes of getting the finisher tee, though we didn't really train at all... hahaha~




We went prepared with our gear: water, lights, helmet, ass guard and bicycle coin pouch.






The registration started at 6.30pm and the event flagged off at about 8pm. 

It went on quite well for the first 42km and the fatigue started to set in on the 50+km. I started to  taste the ketone in my mouth. Ketones are said to be elevated in blood after fasting and in starvation (low sugar in blood). And because I rushed over from the hen's party, there wasn't exactly enough time for me to fuel up and I had 2 slices of chocolate bread for the "carbo loading" before I cycled.

At about 60km or so, we stopped by a petrol kiosk to fuel up on nutrients with h20 and mars/snickers. It wasn't the most ideal snack during a race but at least it did the work to allow me to go on and made it till the end~


This is my second cycling event, first (25km). 
I'm a proud owner of a 84km Finisher Tee!! Yipee~~






Now~ time to rest my tired legs~~



Here are some tips on safe cycling the event webpage:


To understand more about this event/ safe cycling. Visit Seen and Be Seen Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment